At times, your computer might start to crash or starts to display error messages. In this situation, a user feels the need to restore his device. But restoring the device could also mean the loss of data. Along with other crucial data, you might also lose your Norton antivirus present on your device. One should not worry in such situations as he can always reinstall his Norton after performing the system restore.
Since Norton is very important to safeguard your device from getting infected with a virus or from getting hacked, it is important that you restore it. To provide your device with utmost security that it requires, Norton is the first thing that comes to users mind. So without wasting much time, let’s discuss how we can reinstall Norton on our device. But, before we proceed, you need to keep your product key handy. This can be easily done by going to your Norton account from the official website i.e., norton.com/setup.
Steps to reinstall Norton after system restore
- First of all, you have to open your Norton account and you can easily do it by opening your web browser and navigating to norton.com/setup page.
- Now click on the “Sign In” tab.
- Here you have to enter the Norton login credentials such as email address and password.
- Once you enter these details, hit the “Sign In” option.
- Go to the “Products” section and note down your product key from there.
- Go to the desired Norton product and hit the “download” button present under it.
- When the pop-up window appears, click on the “run” option. This action will run the download manager.
- After this, you have to run the installation wizard which can be done by clicking on the downloaded Norton file.
- Now, tap on “Browse” and choose the location where you wish to keep your file. If you do not select the location, it will be automatically saved to the default location.
- In this step, you have to read the User Agreement and give your consent by clicking on the “I Agree” option.
- In the end, click on the “activate now” option which is present at the bottom-right corner of your product.
Finally, you have to tap on the “Done” option and restart your computer to complete the Norton re-installation process.
To sum up-
No matter you reset your system or not, it is the need of the hour to have a security solution on your device to fight against future threats and viruses. Norton.com/setup is the choice of many has always stood up to the mark and has provided users with the security features they needed for their device. So, one must reinstall it after performing the system restore.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- Norton.com/setup.