In this era which is totally driven by technology, the number of people who depend on using the Internet for accomplishing their daily tasks has increased a lot. People make use of the Internet for many purposes such as shopping online, making online transactions, and more. Since we all are included in the list of people who are using the Internet, it is the need of the hour to have an antivirus tool. With the increase in online-activities, the rate of cyber-criminal activities has also grown.
Although you can have Norton setup on your device through norton.com/setup, it also sometimes starts to display errors. If you haven’t heard about Norton server error, then you may read the article further. The error troubles the users quite often while they try to run it on their device for the purpose of getting rid of the online as well as offline threats.
What is Norton server error?
If you have Norton on your device, you are provided with the facility to save the important files associated with the data which is available in the Norton server. At times, the situation arises when the users could not create the backup of the files because of the connectivity issues with the Norton server. They are also denied the facility of checking their already backed up files. You might encounter several errors while connecting to the Norton server and the error message might read as “cannot connect Norton server.”
Fortunately, there are certain solutions through which you can resolve this problem. Read the article further, to enjoy hassle-free working with Norton. There are some tried and tested methods which can definitely help you in fixing the problem with your Norton server. The users, who are encountering such errors for the first time, are recommended to take expert guidance if they are unable to fix the issues on their own.
Procedure to fix “cannot connect Norton server” error
Follow these steps carefully to fix the error that you are encountering with your Norton error:
- First of all, restart your computer.
- Now, you have to configure the default browser by launching the “Run” dialog box. You can do this by holding and pressing the “Windows+R” keys altogether.
- Now you have to type “control” in the box that appears and hit the “Enter” key.
- This action will open the “User Control Window”.
- Once the window opens, hit the option that reads “Continue”.
- In this step, select the “Category” option from the list of options and choose the “view by” option.
- Next, set the default program by following the on-screen instructions.
- In the end, you have to download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Finally, restart your computer to save the changes.
This completes the error resolving process. If the issue still persists and you are unable to access your data, then you may seek expert assistance.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- Norton.com/setup.