There might be some situations where you are browsing online and a pop-up ad appears on your screen that warns you about your computer health. This is a situation where the device has been infected by virus attacks. The ad is usually about some random antivirus that you can use to remove the virus completely from your device. Understanding its concept explains that it’s a scam in which the cybercriminals seek to get your credit card related information by tricking you to buy such antivirus software.
Not only your credit card details are at stake but you have also welcomed the malware on your computer. And, through these malware programs, the scammers can get access to your files and they can send fake emails from your account and even track down your online activity. Fortunately, you can deal with this virus, if you have complete protection with Norton security solution.
What are the symptoms of Scareware?
One needs to know about the early warning signs for the Scareware, which are as follows:-
- You will get the antivirus related ads more frequently.
- These ads warn you to take action as soon as possible.
- These ad pop-ups are exceptionally hard to close.
- You have never heard of the security software company.
- The moment you download the software it starts to scan your computer.
How to get rid of the Scareware using Norton?
If you have downloaded Norton antivirus from norton.com/setup, then you do not need to worry about any malware hitting your device with infectious content. Here are some of the basic tips that will help you avoid the Scareware from affecting your device:-
- Update your browser regularly: Updating software can be an annoying process, but you cannot ignore it, by quickly approving the updates on your browser you will stay protected from the virus attacks along with scareware pop-ups. It is a recommendation to use an automated updating process to keep your browser and computer constantly updated.
- You need to keep the pop-up blockers switched on: You can install Norton antivirus to block such pop-ups, this will also help you to prevent the fake ads for random security programs.
- Install a trusted antivirus solution: You just need to protect your device with a legitimate antivirus company such as Norton antivirus solution that is one of the most trusted amongst the users across the globe. The moment the company releases the updates, make sure you update it quickly on your device.
- Resist your urge to click: You need to learn not to click on the random ad pop-ups that will eventually redirect you to download a fake antivirus. If you are genuinely stressing that your computer or PC might get infected then you can do a quick Google search about the company and then go for the download process.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
It is important to understand that there are all chances of your computer is having an infection from virus attacks. So, if you click on some random ad pop-ups that will redirect you to the anonymous antivirus software. Hopefully, the tips that are discussed in this article have helped you to deal with the Scareware attacks. However, it is recommended to install Norton security software to avoid such scams. You can download and install the Norton antivirus setup via norton.com/setup.
Smith Loo is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- www.norton.com/setup.